Welcome to my bucket list. You are now officially my accountability partner. I have until I’m 40 to complete it.
- Visit Jonathan on the mission’s field.
- Pay off student loans.
Watch Michael graduate from seminary.
- Disciple people.
- Go rock climbing with brothers & husband.
- Have lasik eye surgery.
- Laugh with my boys regularly.
- Read the Bible in a year.
Fly a kite.
- Pray for Reina.
Lead someone to Christ. See Erin.
- Start a legacy of joy and light.
Write a devotional book.
- Memorize 100 scriptures.
Run a 5k. Kiss in the rain.
- Go on a family mission’s trip.
- Read Jeremy’s book.
- Go to the spa for a day (after #16).
- Teach with integrity at Laurel University.
Ride a horse. Take Michael on 2nd Honeymoon. Build a well for a village that needs water. Go to beach on 32nd birthday. Go to beach on 33rd birthday. Go to beach on 34th birthday. Go to beach on 35th birthday.
- Go to beach on 36th birthday.
- Go to beach on 37th birthday.
- Go to beach on 38th birthday.
- Go to beach on 39th birthday.
- Go to beach on 40th birthday.
- Spend Sunday afternoons with my mom.
- Complete the Tough Mudder challenge with Michael.
- Earn PhD.
Start a blog.
- Read my dad’s old sermons.
- Go for a Sunday afternoon drive with Michael in his 69 Camaro.
- Sleep outside (in a tent) with my family.
3 thoughts on “40 before 40”
Are there documents of his old sermons?
There are cassettes.
#25-33 are a cop out. You should just write “go to the beach for all my birthday’s…” Then you get to add more cool stuff to the list! And I live by a beach…